- About Us
- Contact Us
- Track and manage my orders
- Order securely online, contact us by phone at 1-833-663-6637 or send us an Email
ORGANIC HEIRLOOM HOT CEREAL BLEND (Treasure Life Farms)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Ingredients: cracked, wholegrain heirloom Marquis, 1907 (hard red) & Ladoga, 1887 wheat berries, cracked heirloom Prima rye berries, whole heirloom golden flax seeds
Production: Many of the heirloom grains have not been grown for over 100 years or have become almost extinct before Ben and Claudia at Treasure Life Farms decided to follow their commitment to biodiversity and sustainability. On their certified organic farm, they cultivate their crops in the rich alluvial soil in a "rotation and fallow" method, carefully rotating seedbeds, ensuring sufficient nutrient buildup through cover cropping.
Grains are allowed to ripen at their own pace and are then harvested, cleaned, and stored in wooden granaries on their farm - all contributing to superior taste and nutritional value. Flours are freshly milled in small batches on a centrifugal mill which pulverizes the grains so finely that it requires no sifting and without any temperature increase, preserving optimal nutrient density of the flour. This pastry flour has been minimally sifted in order to obtain a lighter quality flour.
Qualities: this organic, high-quality gluten heirloom flour, is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients:
- High-quality gluten: not all gluten is created equal. Since most people have been exposed to GMO gluten but not been sensitized to the ancient genetic composition of heirloom grains, even gluten sensitive individuals often have excellent tolerance to these heirloom grains.
- Heirloom or heritage plant varieties are open-pollinated varieties that have been cultivated and passed down sometimes for thousands of years. They have evolved over time by natural or human selection exhibiting superior taste and complex aromas as well as a diverse mineral profile and higher vitamin contents. They also play a crucial role in protecting our continued food supply through preserving genetic diversity.
Cooking directions: quickly prepared on either a stovetop or in the microwave oven creating a satisfying meal anytime. Presoaking not required but will speed the cooking process even further.
- Stovetop: bring 1cup water per 1/4cup cereal and a pinch of salt to a boil, stirring frequently. Keep stirring and reduce heat to a gentle simmer until desired consistency (about 15min). Remove from heat and let it rest for a couple minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Microwave: place 1cup water per 1/4cup cereal and a pinch of salt into a microwave-safe container, cook on high for 10-12min. Let it rest for a couple minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Cooked cereal can also be incorporated into homemade bread recipes adding extra moisture, a hearty texture, and superb flavor.
Storage: keeps well in a sealed container in a cool, dry, and dark location (optional)
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the CFIA or FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product has been packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and other potential allergens.